Agwest Veterinary Group is looking for a self-motivated and results-driven General Manager to direct and manage our organization’s business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs. Duties of the General Manager will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, maintaining and improving culture, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities.
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in maintaining relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities. The noteworthy General Manager should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organization’s image, and meet overall growth objectives.
If this is the role for you, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter! We look forward to hearing from you.
Agwest Veterinary Group is a progressive bovine and equine veterinary practice that provides veterinary services throughout the Fraser Valley and Vancouver Island. The position of Receptionist is a front office position that includes; client communication via phone and in office, client account management, scheduling veterinary appointments, product dispensing and sales, office administration and accounts receivable management.
- Interpersonal Skills – Front office reception is often the first face visitors to Agwest see. They are largely responsible for the first impression people have about our company. The demeanour of our front office receptionist is vital to Agwest operations, and the receptionist’s level of courtesy can have far-reaching consequences. A Friendly, Inviting, and Welcoming demeanour is essential for all clients, visitors, and phone calls coming into Agwest.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Professionalism & Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Self- Control – Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behaviour, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Operate Telephone System
- Product Sales
- Client Account Management
- Client Communications
- Office Administration
- Office Maintenance
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to physically lift, push or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Long period of sitting at a desk and computer terminal
- Intense concentration required at times with many interruptions.
- All employees are responsible to use safe work practices, policies and training to ensure a safe work environment for themselves and others at all times, minimizing the risk of both accidents and long-term occupational injury.
Hours of Work: Tuesday to Saturday
Previous reception experience in a Veterinary Clinic is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.